Fracture and sprain management- cast and straps

When you injure your bones and sprain your ligaments, you need the help of an experienced orthopedist. This is a specialized doctor who specifically deals with bone Fracture, muscle sprain, or torn ligaments. Though it may take quite a bit of time to heal these body parts, you can rest assured that you will be well on your way to complete recovery if you have the right team supporting your care.

The right medical professional can assess your situation and say if you need simple Sprain Management or bone resetting surgery. Thankfully, Forum Medical Centre has qualified specialists and equipment to help give you a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

Call us on 02 9572 7777 to book an appointment.

Seek Medical Advice

Post-accident or any other form of trauma to your body, the first thing you have to check for is the extent of your injury. Seek medical advice at the Forum Medical Centre so you can get the right scans to see what is wrong with your body. Only an in-depth X-ray, CT scan, or MRI can tell what is wrong internally. Your injury could only be a simple sprain, or it can be complicated, like damaged ligaments and broken bones.

Seek Medical Advice

Different Trauma Conditions

Noteworthy, one of the factors affecting the severity of your condition is your age. The older you are, the more brittle your bones are. This means you are more susceptible to fractures. Another factor that affects your diagnosis would be the type of accident you were involved in. If it is a minor injury, it could be a simple sprain that could heal well with icing and supportive Straps. Your specialist is the only one qualified to say what treatment you can receive.

Finding the Right Treatment

You could be suffering from a simple Fracture, a clean break that could be healed by a plaster Cast. Or it could also be a more complex one like compound fractures that means your bones are broken in several areas. Some of these broken parts may even pierce through the flesh. This complicated scenario may need surgery, bone pinning, Cast, and supportive Straps to aid in your recovery.

With the help of an experienced orthopedist, you will be able to determine the extent of your bodily injuries. At times, a professional can palpate or touch the swollen area to determine if it's just a simple sprain. As such, you don't need complicated procedures, but your doctor may suggest Sprain Management with painkillers and cold compress.

Different Trauma Conditions

Final Wrap Up

When you have an accident, it would be best to seek professional help straight away. The longer you delay treatment, the worse your situation will become. Call Forum Medical Centre to help you get your health back on track.

CALL 02 9572 7777

Ready to take charge of your health and wellbeing? Get in touch with us today.
Feedback Welcome

Please feel free to tell us about your experience with us